HMS HaslemerePosted: November 26, 2016
HMS Haslemere was a small, former ferry that was commissioned and used by the a Royal Navy as a barrage balloon ship. She was built in 1925 for the Southern Railway in the Meadowside Yard of Messrs D & W Henderson, Glasgow. She operated out of Southampton to the Channel Islands and Northern France until she was requisitioned in 1940.
Haslemere before she was requisitioned.
Haslemere was decommissioned in early 1945, refitted in Glasgow, and returned to service as a ferry with Southern Railways in June 1945. She was sold for scrapping in 1959.