China’s WarsPosted: March 2, 2016
This book was published by Osprey in 2013 (ISBN 978 1 78200 407 3) and is divided into the following sections:
- The Sleeping Dragon
- Chapter 1: Brutal Awakening 1894-1911
- Chapter 2: Revolution 1911-20
- Chapter 3: High Warlordism 1920-28
- Chapter 4: Undeclared Conflict 1928-37
- Chapter 5: Full-Scale War 1937-41
- Chapter 6: World War in the East 1941-45
- Chapter 7: Red Victory 1946-49
I have yet to read this book, but looking through it reminded me that the first ever article I wrote for the old WARGAMER’S NEWSLETTER was about a solo battle I fought between Chinese and Japanese forces. It also struck me that the fighting that took place during the inter-war period is an ideal setting for a mini-campaign … or even a series of mini-campaigns.
Something else for me to think about over the coming weeks and months!