I have been to … the Firepower through the Ages Event at Dover Catle, KentPosted: August 16, 2015
Sue and I visited Dover Castle in May, and we returned on Saturday to see a ‘Firepower through the Ages’ event that was being held there.
The event is being held two days (we went on the first day) and five different displays took place twice each day:
- Ballista and catapulta demonstrated by the Roman Military Research Society (11.00am and 1.30pm)
- Trebuchet (and archery) demonstrated by the Medieval Siege Society (11.30am and 2.00pm)
- Early gunpowder cannons demonstrated by The Kynges Ordynance (12.00pm and 2.30pm)
- Seventeenth century cannons demonstrated by the Sealed Knot (12.30pm and 3.00pm)
- 3-inch anti-aircraft gun demonstrated by English Heritage volunteers (1.00pm and 3.30pm)
I managed to video some of the demonstrations, and hope to make these videos available on YouTube at some point.