Going Loco: Part 4: A high-sided wagonPosted: December 22, 2014
I removed the wheels (they popped out quite easily) and I then used a razor saw to carefully remove the false wheels that were moulded onto the boxcar’s wheel flanges.
Using the moulded line just below the roof as a guide, I carefully sawed the roof of the boxcar off.
I then glued two 6.3cm-long pieces of plastic strip inside the frame of the carriage to strengthen it and to provide something to glue the floor of the wagon to.
Once the glue had cured, I carefully cut a piece of Plasticard to the right size, and glued it in place.
The main re-modelling work on the boxcar was now complete, and the high-sided wagon was ready to be painted.