Miniature Wargames with Battlegames Issue 380Posted: November 23, 2014
The articles included in this issue are:
- Briefing (i.e. the editorial) by Henry Hyde
- World Wide Wargaming by Henry Hyde
- Forward observer by Neil Shuck
- Fencing champion: The continuing tales of a wargames widow by Diane Sutherland
- Fantasy Facts by John Treadaway
- The Featherstone Annual Tribute: by Henry Hyde
- Don’s colonial collection: Victoria’s empire is still fighting in Swindon by Chris Scott
- Let’s fight Oporto 1809: Part 2: the rules and Orders of Battle by Jonathan Jones
- Red versus Blue: Mass participation wargaming by Phil Dutré
- Gravelines: Wargaming with Vauban fortresses: part 1 by Henry Hyde
- Fields of Ponyri: A Battlegroup Kursk campaign weekend by Warwick Kinrade
- A chat with Larry Brom: A send three and fourpence special outing by Conrad Kinch
- SELWG 2014: Enthusiastic wargaming at Crystal Palace by John Treadaway
- The Battlegames Combat Stress Appeal report by Henry Hyde
- Hex encounter by Brad Harmer
There is a lot of interest for me in this issue. For example, I always wondered what had happened to Donald Featherstone’s wonderful collection of Colonial figures … and now I know! I am also a fan of Larry Brom’s work, and own three editions of his THE SWORD AND THE FLAME rules as well as his scenario portfolio and THE SUN NEVER SETS campaign system. Conrad Kinch’s interview with Larry – and the introduction and afterword to it – was my particular favourite article in this issue.
Henry Hyde announced a bonus for all of us who subscribe to the printed version of MINIATURE WARGAMES WITH BATTLEGAMES. As from this issue our subscriptions will be a Universal Subscription and will include a free digital subscription. This will entitle us to download the digital version of the magazine as well, and will also give us access to the archive of digital issues that have been published.
Now that is a REAL Christmas present … and I thank Henry and the team for this generous gift!