The Portable Wargame revisitedPosted: September 28, 2014
I have been trying to free up some space on my computer hard drive, and during the course of this weeding-out process I came across an unfinished – and heavily modified – version of my PORTABLE WARGAME rules. I began working on them back in March, but for reasons that I cannot now remember, I never finished them. (This was during the run-up to the fitting of the new glass roof on our conservatory, and Sue and I were spending a lot of time sorting and clearing out its contents at the time.)
The rules seem to have been designed to match the following design specification:
- The tabletop is a grid that is at least 8 x 8 if a squared grid or 9 x 8 if a hexed grid.
- The basic units will have the following strength points:
- Infantry = 4 strength points
- Cavalry = 3 strength points
- Artillery = 2 strength points
- Figures can be individually based or fixed on multi-figure unit bases.
- The rules can be used for solo and face-to-face wargames.
- The rules use a single combat system for fire and close combat.
- The rules use standard D6 dice.
- The turn sequence limits the number of units a commander can activate at any one time.
Having re-discovered these draft rules I think that I should finish them … so I hope to do so over the next few weeks.