Operation Shed Clearance: Latest reportPosted: November 13, 2013
The shed appears to be intact, although the roof has a dent in it where a branch from the laurel hedge broke off and hit it. I removed the branch (and disposed of it) and checked the contents of the shed, all of which seems to be as it was a month ago.
I had to remove a large number of leaves from the area around the shed before I could open the door, and in the end I decided to rake up all the leaves that had fallen during the time we were away. There were so many that I ended up filling our large green wheelie bin (the one provided for garden and food waste) and – with his permission – about a quarter of my neighbour’s as well.
Only one of the shrubs – a large Buddleia bush – seems to have been affected by the storm. It must have been bent over by the wind, with the result that its roots have moved and it is now leaning over the garden path. It was due to be pruned back next spring, but as it is making it difficult to move up and down the path I intend to undertake that task later today. This should not take very long … and will give me the opportunity to use my favourite bit of garden equipment, the shredder!
Whilst I was gardening yesterday I had one or two ideas about my Itchy and Scratchy rules (for which I simply MUST get a better title very soon!). With luck I may be able to put them down on paper later today – once the Buddleia has been dealt with – and if I do I will certainly write a blog entry about the changes.