InsomniaPosted: August 23, 2013
So what was my wargaming idea? A possible way to meld together elements of various wargames rules that I have used or developed to create a new, simple operational-level set of ‘Modern’ wargames rules.
I am thinking of incorporating the following elements into these new rules:
- Unit/Formation Order/Status Markers as used in Megablitz
- Degradable unit strengths similar to those used in Memoir ’44
- The use of a playing card tile unit activation system
- Allowing units to ‘stack’ in hexes (i.e. allowing more than one unit in each hex)
- A separate artillery fire phase as used in Joseph Morschauser’s rules
- An artillery fire effect resolution system wherein all units in a target hex are affected by the artillery fire
- An artillery fire effect resolution system that reflects the type of artillery that is firing (i.e. mountain, field, medium, and heavy artillery)
- Area movement using 10cm hexes, with each hex representing an area that is 2.5km from hex face to hex face
- Movement distances based on those used in Megablitz
- A hex-to-hex combat system based on those used in Joseph Morschauser’s rules
- Logistics and re-supply rules similar to those used in Megablitz
I woke up this morning tired but enthusiastic about putting my ideas down on paper … and I have a feeling that I may well turn these ideas into a set of wargames rules in the near future.